Saturday, October 10, 2009

sabah

I'M BACK, BACK AGAIN..GAIN~GAIN~ LYL.. IS BACK AGAIN!!!!!


My final holiday story of the month. Sabah!


I reached Sabah in a rather NDE (near death experience) state, because I didn't sleep the night before and felt sick throughout the plane ride.

I just walked when told and answered when asked but the rest of my soul was probably still on JetStar. So first day really sucked because of my flu and near death state.


BUT!!! LYL is awesome so I recovered through the night and woke up to the best rested morning of my vaccation! HAHAHAHA!

I have brought back many pictures so enjoy!


Sabah is like a Habour City, so its near the sea which meant that the seafood was great. Not only did it taste great, but it was freaking huge okay. I have never seen such HUGE ASS HUMS.

Are they called Hums? But anyway did a comparison with my fat finger So yea.

After huge ass Hums, got huge ass Clams. YES!! FINALLY SOMETHING FOR HUGE ASS PEOPLE!!


My brother and I both agreed these look like pancakes. Eww gross, like pancakes in salt water.

Gawd I hate this fish. It is poisonous and it CAN KILL YOU if you step on it. Be it Sentosa beach or Sabah beach, the moment I stepped on something rocky I freaked out.

DAMN YOU STONE HEAD!!!! I should have eaten him. But you know I believe in Karma so I dare not eat things that could eventually kill me.

OR HIS FAMILY MIGHT FIND ME WHEN I FART IN THE WATER BECAUSE IT SMELLS LIKE HIM!

AHHHHH!!!!!! *HORRORS*


They had this whole area where all the seafood is kept live, and you get to choose what seafood you want. So I saw these sad batches of Abalone.

when my family was busy choosing the seafood, I asked the uh "sea creatures caretaker" if the abalone prefers to be stuff inside the bottle.

And he just looked at me as if I'm crazy.

Embarrassing moment of my life for the 387th time.


My Grandpa =)

Tung-hoon, or glass noodles with seafood. The best noodle dish I have tried so far! Yep! Its soggy with seafood essence OMGOMGOMGOM!!! GIMMME MORE!!!!!!

It is so soft, yet has that elastic noodle texture too! And the ingredients for the seafood is ALOT. I'm in seafood heaven~

This is like the best drink to go with the seafood. I mean, the food mostly is salt base right. So this drink is like sweet with a tinge of sourness from the lime.

And it is not so sweet and sour that it burns your throat. It is just right like drinking any normal juice. The plum compliments the lime to well it wasn't horribly sour!

I don't like prawns. But I forced myself on this one. Steam with egg whites and looking so freaking big, I decided to try one.

And yes, If I'm posting it here, that means it was damn good. I had half the plate of prawns later on. Not only was it chunky, it tasted totally sweet and fresh, not fishy at all.


And this the main dish, sweet sauced lobster! Just like the prawns they are fresh. The best part is, the seafood is so cheap there. A meal like this would cost $300 plus in sunny garden island Singapore.

But in Sabah, half that price. Yes indeed. Half that price. Plus adding other dishes that I did not post up, and two rounds of drinks. A meal for a family of 4.


The next morning, me and gramps [Mum and bro were snoozing in the hotel room, I bunked with gramps] went for our morning breakfast.

I had to try the Nasi Lemak, at least a Malay dish since I am in Malaysia. SOoOOoO.. EARLY MORNING CURRY WITH NASI LEMAK!!!!! WOOOO!!

No I did not have my NDC (Near death Constipation) HAH! But yes, as Bernice would love to know, that I did constipate for a few days afterwards.


Grandpa stayed in the hotel surfing the net while Us three [Mum, bro and me] went to OneBorneo the biggest shopping mall in Sabah.

I know this is weird, but we had Thai massage done by real Thai women. She Massaged so darn hard I swear I couldn't remember by name at the end of the session.

And I did tell her to be softer! but it goes like this:

Normal = damn @^&#*@ HARD
Softer = damn @^&#*@ HARD.

yup, thats right. No difference.


=) I love Sabah. Not only are their Body Shops promoting Twilight, they have Wu Chun too.

The shopping mall which isn't very huge and interesting because....... well. According to the people, Singapore companies set up their shops here. SO YOU GET SASA AND CHARLES & KEITH.

Where is the fun in that?! You can find every single shop here, in SG too. Except for socks world. Yea, I bought loads of socks haha.


Later on at dinner we had buffet. And in the buffet they had CHICKEN RICE! Yes, like free flow of chicken rice! You can take as much rice as you want, and a chef will be there to slice the chicken.

And the portion they gave is HUGE! I mean, not your normal pathetic amount of chicken you get in SG.

Yes I have stopped eating chicken rice in Singapore, because all I get is chicken bones and Skin, plus maybe teeny shredded bits of Chicken. SHEESH.


AHA! What is this? I thought I had hit the jackpot. A plate full of BBQ FROG LEGS?????!! But I was disappointed, they were just fried quails. You know the little Birdy perch at your house below?

Yea, they fry them here. *slurp slurp* HAHAHHAHAH!


An awesome spread of dessert!


**********************************

Day 3, lunch at the revolving restaurant


yes, this is no new restaurant setting. We have our very own in Harbourfront, where the restaurant rotates peacefully while you eat.

But the view here, is gorgeous. Yes. I don't see disgusting ships and cargo bays. Scroll down for the picture of the view!


Our salad. the lunch was serve in 3 courses. Appetizers [salads and soups], Main Dish [fish or lamb] and lastly dessert.

At the started they serve hot freshly baked bread with nice salted butter. Man I could just eat the bread non-stop.

Sabah is pretty empty. There are no traffic jams, there are no crowds, and no over population of people. They place is pretty peaceful and quiet. Even without a crowd, the restaurants are still able to survive for many years.


And thus, presenting the view. I was too busy eating to take every view, but the other side are mountains and the sea. Yup, no big ugly ships. Or Cargo loading bays.

If only Marina Barrage was like this. Or The revolving restaurant in SG had views like these. Oh well.


CURRY SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best soup have yet tasted. I love curry, but many people believe drinking curry will kill your throat.

So now, there is CURRY SOUP! Specially for you to drink, NOT DIP!! It tasted very we like curry but it doesn't burn your throat.

Just like a normal curry flavour soup. I'm a fat person in heaven.


BEFORE

AFTER


I had been eating loads of Seafood, so I decided to take lamb. It is so soft I hardly even needed a knife for it. The meat tasted so rich with its gravy and it felt like it was melting in your mouth.

If the meat was good, the mash potato just made it a whole lot better. You can taste the potato with abit of Butter in it and CHEESE. YES!!! ALL HAIL CHEESE!!!!!

I swiped the whole dish clean, except for the bone, DA.

*sucker I bet you thought I even ate the bone =( *


My mum had the fish, with mushroom I think. LOL! But she loved it all the same haha.

The dessert was cheesecake with Caramel Swirled around it. At this point of time, I didn't even wanna die happy.




**********************


VISITNG THE ISLANDS ACROSS SABAH.


Ouch, I can still feel my sunburn while blogging this entry LOL! HEY SHI HUI I HAVE A NICE TAN YOU KNOW YOU KNOW YOU KNOW YOU KNOW?????????!!!!!

hhahahhahahhaahh!!!

Ok back to topic:


We took a 5mins taxi ride to Jesselton port, to take a boat that would bring us to the islands nearby.

Sabah is below the typhoon belt, so there wasn't any worry for Tsunami or anything.


We got our ticket and took a speedboat. NO ICKY GREEN SEA. THE WATER WAS SOO BLOODY CLEAR!

The colours started changing. The deep blue shows how.. uh deep the sea is. I know lame, but its true. I fell in once last time when I was here, during a Banana Boat ride.

I WORE MY GOGGLES AND LOOK INTO THE SEA. HOLY @*&#@*(#&(@


IT IS SOO DEEP AND BLUE YOU CAN HARDLY SEE ANYTHING. I STARTED HYPERVENTILATING AND SWAM THEM FAST OKAY.



Have you seen a fat person swim? You should have seen me. I swam so fast and dramatic nearby fishermen would have shot me thinking I was a whale =(

sad but true....



Finally, we reached to the island of our choice. the other island I used to go had angry fishes. YAAARRHH!!!! They kept biting me and I saw little nibbled tears on my skin.

So I stopped going there and Snorkel here instead. Small island, but oh well, better than ass biting fishes.



See, I WORE MY SUNGLASSES!! Aren't I smaaarrt!! HAHAHAHHA!!

I took one look down the jetty and saw this huge school of fishes. Damn scary, like they were waiting to eat my fats if I fall in.

I went to snorkel so my mum took over my camera and started snapping pictures of me. Which wasn't a very good idea.

Because being a mom makes you wanna capture every moment. Even very unglam ones. Such as


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



THAAAAANKS MOM. I LOVE YOU TOO! =((((

Damn Sad, I look like I'm in labour just trying to swim. And plus a life jacket. OMG I FEEL LIKE A FREAKING 10 YEAR OLD WITH SOME SUPER UNGLAM ACESSORY CALLED "LIFE JACKET" ON ME!

which reminds me, I will subject my kids to such unglam photos too, in the future. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHH!!



Simply, bro saw mum in Bathing suit. Have not seen mom in bathing suit for about 10 years. Thus picture shows what happened.

But he's just being dramatic because mom did look OK.

For the whole early morning till afternoon, we just spent time in the water and laze in the warm sun.





My mum bought such a huge hat. Hit me in the face a few times =(





EWWW.... typical army boy. Sit on log and peel dead skin off feet. even more gross, he said the salt water healed his foot rot.



*HORROR STORY*

When we were in the water, he suddenly grabbed my life jacket and exclaimed aloud:

"EXTREMEEE SEAAA SPORTS!!! HA HA HA HAA!!!"

And dunk my body with my head in. I felt salt water rush in my nose and it hurt so badly.

I thought Life jackets were to save you, not kill you. And I thought older brothers were there to protect you, not drown you =(

At this point of time, in my hour of pain, I questioned god why I was born second to a brother like this =(

I think he was in army for too long it kinda fried his brain.


continuing on...





When you go to such islands, you have to try their deep fried food. YES. It is sooo good especially after a swim. The fries were soooo crispy! The fried chicken wings were so awesome too.


Hermit crab SHIHUIPNG.

SHIHUIPNG making a getaway. Runs fairy fast. Stores ice cream inside that shell of hers too. Tends to trip over gawd knows what to trip over.

Having a conversation with her. Apparently utters that I talk alot of crap, so goes back in her shell.



White sand. YESSSSSS WHITE SAND!!!!!!!

Hahha mum having the time of her life.



Saw this huge fish while waiting for the boat. Damn scary. Thank gawd I wasn't in the area.







*****************************



After the island a good rest and on to dinner!


Mantis Prawns

Sharks

Exceptionally big humans. Minus the one in the middle.


Lobsters

Tiger Prawns

Fried rice with kick-ass, big chunks of crab meat in it.

My huge clams, all boiled in soup. It tasted like normal chicken soup with a kick of clams in it. NICE..!

Fresh Abalone. Not canned, not soaked in brine. Just fresh. And plentiful.

The meat was a little harder than scallops, but suprisingly softer than the abalones you find in the Can.

The mantis prawns seasoned in salt and fried to the crisp!

After Dinner we went to the night market where bro bought a nice sunglass. The night market didn't sell many things, but the most interesting thing they sold were crystal bracelets.

Nope, not your pathetic ugly faded crystals. But real crystals, the Swarovski one. And by looking at the crystal, you can really believe it.

Whats the best thing? A Swarovski bracelet here cost from $S10 to $30. Depending on how complex the design is.

I got my bracelet from this old lady, because I couldn't find her design anywhere. I'm pretty lazy to post the picture up, but it is a green crystal bracelet. We bargained from a $S25 to $S16.

Green for the month of May. A gift from my grandfather too.


~THE END~



After Note:

SO, that concludes the end of my trip. Grandpa enjoyed it, and so did everyone. The next day was his birthday too!

School is starting and I'm abit anxious. Thus end my travelling, till December calls! And the blog will go back to my daily life! Until then, take care and Hope you all had a great Holiday and will have a great semester ahead too!!

CYA~!!!!!

0 comments: