Thursday, April 1, 2010

GYL Leadership Camp

WELCOME TO TURI BEACH RESORT!

And while you're in it, I do hope you enjoyed THE GYL CAMP *evil smile*.....

More pictures can be viewed in gallery, on your left.


I know, camp, sounds eww... ugh and all but HAH, this is so much different, people, and thus I shall begin the story of LYL, the girl you absolutely detested camp.

(BTW the picture above was taken by me *proud*, awesome right the view, from the lobby)

Once upon a boring ole holiday time LYL was bored, a.k.a "bored and dumb thus will do studpid crazy things she will not usually do when she's sane" well it beats that time she shaved her hair off to spike it up.

Yes she was bored.

So to prevent any sadly shaving of hair, she joined CAMP.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
HOWEVER... WELCOME TO PARADISE!


Plus all the mosquitos and all, but heck man, there's cable TV, dude yes HBO AND STAR MOVIES, and AIR-CON. HAH!

Other camps can just go suck it MUAHAHAH! So anyway the dawning of camp eventually came, and she had to go to the ocean to prove herself.

AND BUILD A RAFT.

And stood there like a clueless DMIT fella, because well.. I can model a raft, hell I can make it move with colours too. But I do not know how to freaking make one.

And the engineers were pretty awesome, so yea. Raft building went bad, the raft disintergrated, we used another teams raft, and well paddling in the ocean isn't very jolly and happy.

First day was a let down, but more awesome-ness coming right up!



AND THEN THERE WAS THE FOOD-TO-DIE-FOR. Redang and KOROPOKE! WOO HOOO!! ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET!

And great friends that would not beat the hell outta you when you steal their food. I always treasure these kinda people. =)

The rest of the day was spent lazing around in the resort. And LYL eventually fell into a deep slumber. BTW she shared room with Melissa and Wan Ru.

Mel and WR has to sleep together because Mel lost a scissors, paper, stone game to LYL. HAHAHAHAH!! EPIC MATCH!


They woke up in the morning, bright and early to the sea and the forest, and BATS! In the balcony. Apparently one lucky guy in camp woke up...

To bats humping each other in the morning and making bats kinda sexual noises. Gross.


Breakfast in the morning was buffet and a chef was there to cook an omelette for you. Service was the most awesome BUT

LYL had no appetite, because today was her most greatest challenge, HIGH ROPES.

That means getting my 5 storeys + in the air and doing a freaking obstacle course. Jeez man, can't even do one on land, and I have to do one in the air.

Sigh, I know of all glam proof pictures, they took one with me and my thighs. =( And my ass.

The high rope was horrible because she almost slipped, and when she managed to climb one part of the course, she had to do it again because it was the wrong way.

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO FAT PEOPLE!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My two lovely roomies! skinny lovely roomies =( so skinny till both can fit into the sink top.

The slope that leads straight to our rooms. GAWD! The worse part is when you get down and realise, OOPS! You forgot your stuff. GOOD LUCK CLIMBING EVEREST =(

ITS NOT WORTH IT TO GO BACK UP THERE MAN, ITS NOT!

The next day was jungle trekking.

We had to go to this swamp jungle thingy, and I tell you, it freaking is NOT some NOOB UBIN TRAIL.

I thought it would be like Bukit Timah hill, you know, safe and gay.

HELL THIS IS THE JUNGLE MAN.

45 degrees of slope, hmm lemme see, FREAKING TREE FULL OF THORNS, oh wait what else? A SANDY HILL THAT IS SO SANDY YOU HAVE TO CRAWL ON YOUR KNEES.

Oh and of course there are other really dangerous stuff, just read and enjoy =)

And I forgot to introduce my group to you. Group 8, love them all, because they are funny and down-to-earth and dorky like me, so we clicked really well.

Okay back to mission-impossible-but-still-have-to-complete. Yes we, we climbed that hill. NO one died or anything, but it was possible to anyway.

Oh yea, LOVELY ravine, that went so deep I swear it goes to hell. I should have stood there, and do some size comparison.

I took one look down and I was like "HOLY CRAP! I DUN WANNA DIE".

And my group was full of sport junkies who were like "YIPEE RAVINE! AWESOME!" =.=, really.
My group leader Edwin, and thanks to him many times and the others, I'm still here today typing this out.

We had to cross this ravine by a wooden plank, and when I crossed it, I was like wobbly and stuff, so I panicked and JUMPED!

But my legs are long, smooth and strong so I managed to reach the end and got told off by my group mate, who told me I was crazy to do that =(

But she was right. KIDS YOU DUN JUMP WHEN CROSSING THE PLANK LIKE THAT OKAY, BECAUSE SHORT PEOPLE DO FALL OFF!

The view from up there was breathtaking. Hmm worth it? uhh.. I'll have to consider, because half the time I was like "HOLY CRAP! WE HAVE TO CLIMB THIS EFFING STEEP SLOPE"

or

"HOLY CRAP I'M GONNA FALL OFF THIS MOUNTAIN AND ROLL DOWN AND NEVER STOP ROLLING"

But it didn't happen. I love/hate to scare myself this way.

LATER THAT NIGHT.........

WE HAD OUR GALA DINNER!! Where everyone dressed nicely, and it felt like PROM LOLOLOL!

Yes two girls in my group only. And I was Ass. Group leader. Didn't have to do much though.

from the heart : I really loved everyone in this camp, and I'm damn proud to be in group 8 plus we did the most awesome skit during the GALA night.

Not forgotting the cute guy whom I met for 3 days and really liked but it was never meant to be. But hey! It was fun LOL

GYL CAMP FTW!

0 comments: