Sunday, September 13, 2009

bangkok holiday 2009

I ♥ BANKOK, BECAUSE SOMEONE IN BK ♥s' ME!




As said on a shirt seen in Siam Square haha.

Yes! I'm finally back, and although I do wish for more time to shop and relax, I feel great just being back in SG.

Most regretful thing of the trip was that I couldn't find stuff for everyone!

The whole trip was just express train all the way! Because BK's shopping last till 9pm, and I had to take care of my Grandpa.

So it's more of 1 hour shopping at certain places, and bringing Grandpa back to rest. Not going to make my GP sit there for like 4hours!


My hearty breakfast, best one I've had so far for 2009. I don't eat my breakfast, so.. Yeeeeaaaa!!! Time to wolf down the bacon!

Sadly, under the watchful eyes of my grandpa, so I had to be healthy and eat only 1 piece of bacon =( OH! And being a bread hater, I was surprise how much I loved the bread here! It smells soo good!


Venue: Intercontinental Hotel, near Siam Paragon.

Being a hotel, you will be surprised that the lunch set provided here is really cheap. This whole array of food? Well is cost only $S200.

In the set they include ALOT of food, and one set at most costs around $S12. And you can expect it to be of good quality too!


HAH! I look like a blob next to my cousin Vanessa. Oh well.

Yay, happy after a worthy meal!


And PRESENTING! My awful looking Bangkok gear. As you can see, I'm wearing my school shorts, comfy T-shirt and a bag pack that is strap to my body to prevent snatch theft.

HAHAHAHAH!! Imagine that guy has to drag my fat body to steal my bag.

Anyway! Coconut man! We buy from this guy everytime we visit BK. He's been here for 7 years.





WELCOME TO SIAM PARAGON!

Fear not, for you shall never starve if you have money. Because BK has an abundance of interesting food.


This is the market in the mall which is REALLY beautiful because they set up all the food nicely and everything, food is so FRESH!

The smell of fresh food is so refreshing! If you think Cold storage food is fresh, in Bangkok, it's thousand times nicer.

Da, they farm and grow their own food here.

RACHEL! OMG YOU WOULD LOVE THE POTATOS OK!

As seen there, 69 Baht = S$3.50 per KG



I bought the Kamikaze, but it tasted like wine, so I gave it to me dad. Some how drinking wine makes me puke.

Many wide Aisles with tall shelves, filled up with a colourful array of items. No not stuff you find in GIANT supermarket. It's like Jason's supermarket but the item price of NTUC.

If you want Shampoo, there are so many. Big bottles, small bottles, many different scents, some you don't even find in Singapore.



And this is their pet section. Not only do they sell pet food, they sell ornaments of dogs, awesome dog bowls, and not the fugly cheap looking collars you see in our supermarkets.

Their collars are studded with shiny crystals. And their fish food are of high quality. Behind this shelve you see, and 4 other such shelfs.

Wonderfully stocked with an array of pet food and treats! Of course, at a cheap price too.


They not only take pride in their cake decoration, they really do up their stalls nicely. You can see big bouquet of flowers, and all sorts of things on the counter tops.

Too bad I didn't take much photos of their stalls.




Chocolate in unique shapes. Like the red ones shape like lips! Haha, or the passionfruit flavoured chocolate.


One thing I like about BK, is that they really pack the stuff nicely for you. They put ice packs in it and everything. even the Paper bags are nicely decorated!

See the ice pack inside? So by the time you walk back to the hotel, you still get it nice and cool.

If I was skinny and couldn't get fat. I would eat more cakes than what you see here. BK have such a variety of cakes in many shapes, designs and taste.

You just wish you could eat them all!

Oh yea, the odd one out is the salad behind haha.

They call this the cherry bomb. Not to sour cherry flavour on the outside, and sweet hazelnut flavour on the inside that just melts in your mouth.

This is White Chocolate cake with Vanilla. The outside is covered with some finely crusted white chocolate, with smooth creamy filling on the inside. Gosh..

One of my favs.

Chocolate cupcake with peppermint buttercream.

Vanilla Cupcake!

AND MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE!

MACARONS!

For a box like that, it cost S$5. Yes. Eating Macarons in Singapore is like eating silver.


(And yes, I did hyperventilate and went all crazy .......)






TA-DAAA!! Majority of you know I absolutely HATE Vegetables. But the Vegetables over here is really sweet and super crunchy.

They call this a salad, so we bought some to try. In it contains crabmeat, smokes salmon and shrimp. Nice and cold, with a flavoured green sauce. Though I'm not so sure what it was.

But it was slightly sweet and creamy with abit of spice, like wasabei.


My mom calls this "Jut Jut" (pronounced as "joot joot"). Though I think it goes under a different name haha.

Its like soft jelly, but the fillings are made of yellow bean paste. NICE.


Siam Paragon at night!


We ate at the foodcourt in Siam Paragon. I tried the beef noodles. One thing about Thailand, is that they eat really small portions of food and loads of Veggies.

And the women there are really slim. NOOOOO!!!!

When they prepare the Kuay Teow, they don't just throw it in to cook. They make sure the noodles aren't clump together before cooking it in the water.


AND.....................................


DUCKS BLOOD. IN JELLY FORM.

It's nice. They have pigs blood too. Something you don't get in Singapore Nowadays.

HAHA! McPork.


Right in the heart of Siam Paragon mall, at the basment, they have an aquarium called OCEAN WORLD.

If you think it's like Underwater World in Singapore, you are dead wrong, because

IT IS SOO MUCH BETTER.

You might think that it being in a shopping mall, the aquarium is small. NO IT IS NOT.

This place is HUGE! With many varieties of fishes to see! They decorate it so nicely, and the fish there seems to be so lively!


4M wide Giant Crap. IT IS HUGE.






A beautiful blue seahorse.

I know, so pathetic. My mum came the last time, so she didn't wanna go again, hence leaving me to go by myself.

This scorpion glows in the dark, but the camera was too lousy to catch the colour, so I had to use flash.

HAHAHAHHA!! CULLEN FISH! Yes, a picture for you Bernice. And yes, I did enjoy my honeymoon =)

It's called a vampire fish. Harmless to humans, a biatch towards other fishes. Sucks the blood outta them yer know.

Salamander. Sadly it didn't evolve so much, so it couldn't breath above water.

known by its thai name as PNGSHIHUII.

Cute, furry, sleeps alot, but eats alot too. Eats Veggies though.

kidding PSH! Hahah

SEA TURTLE! If the turtle comes up to the surface you can actually touch it! But you got to do it secretly HAHA!










-PICTURE OF THE DAY-

OKAY! This is rather interesting. You see, I reached the jelly fish section at 8.30PM. And the whole place closes at 9.00PM.

So I'm not really sure if its past their bed time. But they don't seem to be moving. So I guess jellyfishes uh.. do sleep.

But it would really suck if the whole jelly family died right.






After emerging out from my underwater dream like world, I met my grandpa for ice cream! Sesame and Raspberry cheese cake ice cream! -70baht.

Above was this chandelier made out of glass cups haha.

We bought some Eclairs home. Apparently, making them round wasn't enough, they made the Eclairs into swans. I love BK.

Back for seond round of Japanese Lunch. Just me Grandpa and Mum.

Grandpa enjoying this Sashimi haha.

Me and my awesome Katsudon.

The whole Katsudon set, includes Udon noodles, sauce, chicken and of course, Katsudon. The lunch set is filling, and of course, for only 10 bucks SGD.

The Chawanmushi had some fagrant orange peel added to it, Just a teeny bit. The eggs is smooth and delicious.

Small cup of strong tea.

The sad part about going BK during this time, is that it can be absolutely HOT and very very WET. Yup, it rained many times. Flooded some places till we couldn't even walk that street.




SUCKLING PIG. YUP. It frightened and saddened my cousin so much. It is after all a baby pig. =(

GP, mum and me stayed at Novotel Hotel at Siam Square. While my cousins family stayed elsewhere. So we usually only met them for dinner.








MORNING AT CHATUCHAT/JATUJAT.


Also known as the WEEKEND MARKET. I've been coming here for 4 years now. I still get lost, and I've never once walked the whole market.

You can get good stuff for a cheap price here!

Having ice coffee at a nicely done bar. Just what you need in a blistering hot sun.

Anyway, I bought many MANY T-shirts. Which is shown right at the bottom! haha


SWEDEN! RACHEL! RACHEL! SWEDEN!!! LOL

And I'm not sure what this one is.

Mum, dad and me went to this Thai noodle restaurant, and the place was done up nicely with the tables painted in country flag colours! There was sweden, switzerland, China, Denmark etc.

As you guessed! the holes on the table were to fit the bowl snuggly in.

Thai beef noodles


TOM YAM NOODLES! At first it wasn't that spicy hot, so I added one spoon of chili powder. I WARN YOU,

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THAI CHILI OK

I couldn't feel the chili, so I put another half a spoon in.

It was so hot! I tried my best to hold back my tears even though I was in so much pain. It wasn't enjoyable anymore.

Everything started to go white and bright. My head was throbbing and I tried my best to wait out the pain.

I just kept tearing and had to try my best to hold back my tears, because I was at the point of crying.

That was how much pain I was in.

SO, BE CAREFUL.



My parents went to pray to the four face buddha. Don't worry! It was okay to take pictures. I only took one haha.

The frightening chili. Something Bernice would love.


TA-DAAA!! DUCK TONGUES!! Yea I know, the number of ducks they slaughter to make this dish.

Or so my mum tells me half way through eating it. =(




GOODBYE BANGKOK

Taking a picture with my dad before we went our seperate ways. He will fly back to Cambodia, which is like flying from Singapore to KL. But it is alright, because I will be seeing him in 2 days time anyway haha.




SOME OF THE STUFF I BOUGHT

Beach overall, for the upcomnig cruise with bro and Holiday at Sabah.

Handmade diary. I bought a diary from there during my last trip, and at that time I was going through alot of problems, so the diary kinda helped my out.

And now I'm back here again! Haha, I bought one for Sarah because she wanted it, and two for me.

I only write stuff in my diary when I have problems. But this year, the current diary seems to be empty. LOL!

NO PROBLEMS!


Most awesome buy.

But then again, if my brother likes it I may give it to him. He doesn't have a decent bag.

Good for carrying stuff when he's overseas studying.



These are just some of the clothes I bought. Some for my friends too.







HAHAHAHAH!!!!! I SHALL RULE SP WITH MY SPONGEBOB T-SHIRTS!!!!


Oh SHAHRUL! I bought a T-Shirt for you! But I didn't take a picture. I got Bee Hong and Ben coup- I mean uh, AHEM, normal T-shirts. Didn't post it up because I couldn't bear to rip it out of its wrapper.

BEE HONG THEY ARE NORMAL T-SHIRTS OKAY. *evil smile*

My home clothes. Don't worry, you won't be seen with me wearing this HAHA! Anyway, its nice okay. the white one has cats on it, and the black one has koi's. I love koi's.

IMAH IMAH! I'm SOSOSOSOSOSOSOS SOOORRRY!!! I couldn't get you any bangles, because they just weren't very nice there T.T

Bought some shoes. 6 bucks.

Haha, I decided to buy orange to add to my clothes. Most of the clothes there are sold at 190 - 250 Baht, which is around 6 - 12SGD.

And the shirts I've bought there are really comfy to wear and the prints don't fade off after many times of washing. My proof?

MY SPONGEBOB T-SHIRT. Still bright yellow hahah.



Besides clothes, I bought Heels and Shoes! From genuinely fake birkenstocks to crocs.

YES I BOUGHT CROCS KINDA SHOES. I know ugly, But I also bought Jibbits. You know, those that you add to the crocs to make it look bearable.

It was just 5 bucks per pair anyway, so I bought a black one. I've bought my shoes from them for 3 years now. So when I went again, I bought 2 berks and 1 crocs. HAHA!

The best thing about it, is that its really COMFORTABLE. I've real berks at home, but I want them in many colours.

So thats when you go BK and get berks for 5bucks in many colours with many designs HAHA!


When I was shopping at Siam Square, I came across this shop that sells really awesome flats. Okay the camera doesn't show it, but it really SPARKLES. Sort of like real studded diamonds.

It's good for casual wear.

Had to get a black one too, with a strap at the back. Oh yea, it is 11 bucks for one pair =)

One more awesome buy.



A close up.



HAHAHAH!! Rachel! sorry I couldn't get you anything, so I bought you this hand sowing "machine". Hopefully it will aid you when you make a costume next time!


Ooops, forgot to rotate it. Bought this blouse for Bernice.

Yeaaa my laptop bag. I like the handle, easy for carrying.

Pouches for my camera and phone.

After much photo taking and removing the shirts from its wrapper, I realised I created a heap of clothes and what knots. Haha.


I still had other things I bought but didn't bother to photograph it. Such as the eye mask and stuff LOL!

Anyway, for those I couldn't find stuff for, I'll try and get stuff when I'm in Cambodia.

*pause*

If cambodia has anything in the first place.


I will be flying off in 2 days time. But that will be for another post! Take care now. I'm still abit wuzzy from plane sickness. So I'll go sleep now!






PS: If you want to know, I can give you the address of places where I go for shopping. I just hope that if you do go there, you will enjoy Bangkok as much as I did for the past 7 years.

0 comments: