Thursday, September 17, 2009

camobdia

10 DAYS IN CAMBODIA

YES!!! BLOGGING!!! FINALLY!!! REVIVED!!!!

It has been so fustrating, because the internet wouldn't allow me to blog and upload pictures. So, there you have it, my excuse for not keeping you guys updated! SORRY!

but anyway.... I'M BACK!!



Duck's tongue. My first actually. I've eaten Gooses tongues and Cows tongues. Hmmm.. all have their unique textures and taste, but all 3 of them do taste great.

The food there were mostly Zi Char, you know, oily and fried with loads of chicken cube stuff. yup. 2KG put on with ease =(


Deer Meat. But not unusual in Singapore. Don't think of Bambi.

Whhhaaaat!??! I live to try all sorts of food, as long as its not insects or you know.... raw and yucky.


So anyway, the point of my trip was to visit my dad in his working enviroment. It is pretty tough working there, with dishonest workers and loads of back stabbing.

The currency we used there is US Dollars, because the cambodian currency is way too bad to be of much used.

So the things there are expensive. Like one Loti Prata can cost you US$3, so thats about $5 in Singapore?

You can't do much shopping there, nor sight seeing. People usually go there for business. At the moment there are loads of Koreans and China Nationals, which brings me to my next problem....

EVERYONE THERE SPEAKS CHINESE.

*hyperventilates in a bad way*


My dad has a business there and runs a lounge on the sidelines, so we pretty much spend every night there.

DON'T WORRY BERNICE! I WENT EASY ON THE DRINKS!!

And I didn't becomes Bartender, because it requires me to stand all night long and I'm LAZY! So I just sat at the bar and watch my silent Korean Movies.

There's Karaoke in the lounge and old business men just come in and sing the blues away.

I almost cried when they sang a westlife song. It was *&!@^$% horrible. =( But as long as they enjoyed themselves.




Uncle Jay runs a restaurant here, and he asked me to try his new dish. It was dark in the lounge so I didn't know what raw thing I was eating.

It was black and brown, and looked like mushrooms. It tasted slimy and well... with a strong smell like mushrooms.

But they were actually .... SNAILS.


Not your Escargots okay. I'm talking SNAILS.


@&*^$*#&*&@*#(





My dad ordered for me this hugeass Loti Prata, and it was a HUGEASS Loti Prata, because it contains 4 eggs.

4 EGGS.

And while eating it, he tells me I should watch my weight. FATHERS!



We stopped by a river along the way and had tea time. The Cafes there were very nice. You know, those you can just sit down by the streets and watch the world go by.

Apparently, this cafe was own by a french couple. Then the Husband got murdered. Leaving the wife with the business.

And later the wife married another man and they run the business together. Freaky.

Cheese Cake! White cheese cake apparently. The cheese taste strong and light at the same time, so you don't get overwhelming cheesy taste, and VERY SMOOTH.

I love it when cakes are creamy and sweet. The cheese used was different too.


They call this the French Chocolate Mousse. I didn't like this one, because it tasted very strongly of Dark Cocoa and Liquor. Not my type of dessert.




These are the best fries I have ever tasted in all my 19 years. NO KIDDING. It is SOOOOO CRISPY I feel like I'm eating Potato Chips!!

The salt is just right, and MAAAAN I can't stop emphasizing on how crispy it is! Accompanied with Ice coffee? PERFECT.




My dad works from 9-5pm, so I'm pretty much on my own during this time. So I used his Surf machine. Yup, Osim Usurf. It helps you to improve your balance and well, shed weight. Haha.

Just like a simulation of surfing, but I don't see the ocean, just Ben 10 cartoons all day.


I just feel sooo bad eating these kinda stuff. Worse off, I eat it everyday. Char Kuay Teow, Laksa, Mee Siam.

FATS FATS FATS FATS

TOOLS USED FOR DIGGING MY EAR.

Which comes with a normal metallic eat digger, tweezers AND A 1CM KNIFE.

It's suppose to be Shiok when someone digs your ears, but I was freaking scared okay. I FELT FINAL DESTINATION 5 ABOUT TO HAPPEN.

I CAN IMAGINE MY EAR DRUMS BEING RIPPED OUT, BLOOD FLOWING OUT.. OMG! OR THE KNIFE CUTTING DEEP INTO MY EARS.

The ear wax was GROSS. It as gluey and BIG. The woman dug them out and place them on the back of my hands, how gross is that.

Should have taken a picture and look like a Spas that had never seen so much ear wax before.

But I could hear like Edward cullen after =)



Cambodia's Independence statue. Loads of cobras on the top.




GOLFING WITH DAD THE NEXT DAY

The skies were blue and beautiful! the sun was menacing, evil, horrible, hot, scorching and merciless.

My old man played golf with a bunch of people, business clients actually. So one of them was a super filthy rich business man, BUT THATS NOT THE STORY HERE, BECAUSE...

Super filthy rich Business man, who apparently is so rich he got "knighted", but they don't call them Sir Blah blah, its more of Ong Ya blah blah...

Has a hot grandson, yup.

Filthy rich grandpa who literally must've owned half of the Land in Phom Pehn, has a really good looking Grandson.

You know those korean shows about the rich and poor? Yup. The dressing, mannerism.. its all there.


I know, randomly took a picture of a cow.

So I drove the buggy for my old man, which was a disaster, because I drove it into a ditch and almost ran over the ball picker.

And of course got complimented that I drove like an F1 racer, and kinda scratched the whole side of the buggy when I drove it against a brick wall. =)

ANYWAY! BACK TO HOT GRANDSON STORY!

So the worst part is, his grandpa introduced him to me, and my dad asked me to go talk to him, which I found out in horror, that Mr.RichGrandson is actually......


13 Years old.



I could just hear Rachel muttering in my head Pedo pedo pedo pedo pedo~


So I was at this lake, waiting for my old man to take a hit, when these little boys around 5yrs old came by to sell us golf balls.

It was.......bad you know. Like it makes you feel like crap when you see stuff like that happen.

Those 5yr old boys, to earn some extra money, swim inside these muddy waters to collect golf balls that fell in, clean it up and sell it to golfers passing the area.

And it makes you feel like crap, because it shows how lucky you are, and just @^%#&@^.

You can just see the difference. Rich grandson sitting in the buggy under the shade with his branded clothes, and poor kids standing around with muddy clothes and sunburned from standing in the sun all day.

I'm no different. Just minus the branded clothes. But the fat shows how lucky I am. My soft on the inside dad gave them cash and bought the golf balls, even though I know that he has alot in the bag.

You gotta have money first, before you save the world. Something I will never forget.




Around the 5th day, me and dad had afternoon tea in Raffles Hotel, which was the best looking building in Phom Penh.

He got himself a Havias, and I don't understand how you can have beer for an afternoon tea break.

But I had a feeling he just wanted me to check out the odd looking uh.. cup?


Kiwi cake. Great with Ice coffee and definitely refreshing on a hot summer afternoon.

My old man loves nut cakes. I think HE thinks he still have teeths like bruce lee.

Ice cuppacuino to go with it!


We had western for dinner the next day. Italian actually. And they served this really thick mushroom soup. Super thick like starch.

The pasta wasn't every nice, because it was too creamy and sticky. Must be due to an overload of cheese.



During my 10 days stay, I was kept busy with many things. Pool lessons, and golf sessions.

Dad's friend is super strict, and everyday was spent aiming at targets and just practicing angle shots for pool.

The golf sessions were hard but nice, because the guy teaching me is less strict and very encouraging. I felt like an old lady. First swing and I heard a CRACK sound from my back.

The first few lessons were bad, because I kept hitting the ground and felt the pressure travel up my arms.

But I got a hang of it, thanks to my awesome coach. And now my arms ache really bad =(



On the second last day, dad had a meeting at the cambodian country club, so we had dinner there.

The beef was really tough, but the wedges were nice. Cooked by a french chef.


Now this, is the best French Chocolate mousse I've tasted during my stay, The texture was creamy, the chocolate was sweet like milk chocolate and the liquor was at its minimum.

Awesome.



LAST DAY


My old man and me spend the last day going out to the Russian Market. I wanted to buy winter clothes for my bro before he leaves for aussie.

I also got myself a new specs, good and cheap. They had many brands like Prada, Armani and PLAYBOY! HAhahah!

Wanted to get the playboy brand glasses, but their designs were.. NAH!

Of course, fake though.

My milk tea frappe. Tasted great!


Yup, the menu says it all, I craved for Korean food, so dad brought me to this authentic Korean restaurant.

Against all my moral viber and animal loving atoms in my body, I wanted to try the dog meat soup. You know.. NEW EXPERIENCE.

But my dad didn't let me. Because apparently, dogs chase after you, after drink the soup because they somehow can tell you ate their buddy.



So majority of people drive Lexus in cambodia. The brand doesn't matter over here, it's the size of the car.

No, that is just some random guy's car.


So anyway, during my 10 days stay...

I fell in love..

with...

a..

Car. Yup.



Love at first sight. When I saw it, I thought it was the most awesome car in the world, my eyes sparkle and lit up.

People don't understand how I could love that car. But I can just imagine, driving it...

Poor poly students like me with only a single digit amount of money in my bank... would love such a car. Who cares about Lexus or big cars!

So anyway, this korean guy is willling to sell it for US$300.

US$300, for a freaking awesome car.

My dad bought it, on one condition that I would let uncle Jay drive it, and I can drive it when I come visit. *you don't need license to drive*

So let me present to you folks....


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

My Car


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!


No roof top, no side railings. If I can bring this to Singapore... Man. You can pick up your friend, and if he pisses you off just kick him out the car.

This is the ultimate most awesome car. And no kidding, I got it for only US$300.

Rain or shine baby, I'm feeling it!!


******

So that concludes my 10 day stay in Cambodia! Living with spiders, cobwebs and plentiful of mosquitos.

but I got to spend time with dad, got a roofless car and made some friends over there. But I still prefer life in singapore.

Once again, I've come back to singapore, knowing that I'm the luckiest laziest brat alive, maybe not the only one, but one of many.

Not rich, but comfortable. And life is just gonna get a whole lot crazier.

LIVE IT.

0 comments: